Board Up Service
When you come from work in the evening, you expect your home to be in the same condition as when you left it. However, this is not always the case. Two of the most vulnerable places in your home are your windows and doors.
When thieves or vandals cause you problems, this is where they usually go. Plus, during severe weather, it’s not unusual for windows to get broken.
When these things happen, you need some way to protect your home and belongings and Best Window and glass is there with board up service.
What to do if Your Home is Storm Damaged
During the warm months in washington dc area, bad weather and tornados can come up unexpectedly. If a large tree limb suddenly falls through a window or high winds wreak havoc on your home, it’s important to take action quickly.
Here are some helpful post storm tips:
- Check local radio forecasts for additional weather warnings. It may not be safe yet to go out of doors.
- When it’s safe to go outside, stay away from power lines on the ground or lying on your home.
- Be careful around damaged trees
- If your yard is flooded, stay away from flood waters. They may contain all kinds of harmful debris and bacteria.
- Don’t drive on flooded streets.
- Be very careful with kerosene lamps and candles and never leave them unattended.
- Do not run gas powered generators indoors or inside of garages.
- Report damages.
- Contact professionals at Best Windows for board up services
Break-in and Vandalism Tips
Suppose your large picture window is broken from an act of vandalism. You might be tempted to start cleaning up the mess, but first call the local police to report the issue.
Here are additional tips:
- If you have come home to a vandalized house, don’t go inside until the police have checked out the home.
- Document the damage by taking pictures. If there is interior damage, make sure to document that also.
- Contact your insurance agent.
- Call us about board up service.
The Importance of Board Up Services
Window damage can result in sharp glass residue and it’s easy to get cut or injured. It’s best to leave this job to your window professionals at best window.
Most emergency board up services are covered by homeowner insurance policies, so why do it yourself?
Contact Best Windows at 202-241-5044 when you need assistance.